Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My spouse and zi executed a Beneficiary Deed many years ago.

My spouse and zi...

My spouse and zi executed a Beneficiary Deed many years ago. I am snout to have judgmrntmm

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri, and I want to know if that real estate is protected from judgments on me alone. And vehicles in joint names.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

By my creditors? Nothing at this point but will be. Our only income is Social Security.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that don't want to take bankruptcy if my creditors can't attack joint property. He isn't on any credit cards

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Creditors here can lien any jointly owned property.They can cloud title and collect when you decease.You can transfer it here prior to judgment to protect it from lien collection.Otherwise a judgment here in Missouri is collectible against anything in your name or jointly owned in your name.Please don't shoot the messenger here.Just being honest.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I have a Warranty Deed to my three daughters already prepared and ready to sign, just didn't know if that would protect the RE for sure. Will jointly held junker vehicles be protected also? I think that's my last question. Thank you in advNxe.

It would protect them get the out of your name here while there is time.Thanks

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Very compete answer, covered completely my question. Very satisfered customer here
Thank you!

Have a great day and thanks again.