Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

JUST A QUICK QUESTION. COLORADO. MY FARTHER PASS AWAY A WEEK…

Customer Question
JUST A QUICK QUESTION ...

JUST A QUICK QUESTION

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

COLORADO

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

MY FARTHER PASS AWAY A WEEK AGO IN COLORADO, AND HE INHERITANCE MONEY FROM IS JOB. NOW THE WIFE THAT HE LEFT OVER 40 YEARS WHATS THE MONEY IS SHE INTILED

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO JUST THAT QUICK QUESTION WIFE LIVES IN ST LOUIS

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Ex wife not entitled to anything. Assets pass to his family per his will or as he designated on the account.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
They never got a divorce
Is she named as a beneficiary on the account?
Is she still intitled
no
If not on account would pass to whoever is named and his intent since not living together for decades is not to leave to her. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!