Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My Brother has not filed the will or separated the trust. My…

My Brother has not...

My Brother has not filed the will or separated the trust. My father passed in 2011. What do I need to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida, He filed the trust not the will.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the will and the trust

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is basically all. TY

3/23/2018
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Florida probate attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

Let's take this one step at a time. Do you have the original Will or only a copy? The trust does not get filed with the clerk's office, but the original Will does.

I have an original will

Ok perfect! You need to file the original Will at the Clerk of Court's office in the County in which your father resided. Do you know what county that is? I can provide you the information for filing the Will.

Jessica B
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started