Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My grandmother recently died and my grandfather suffers from…

Customer Question
My grandmother recently died...

My grandmother recently died and my grandfather suffers from dementia/Alzheimer's he has been placed in my uncles care. I am my grandfather sole beneficiary but my uncle has medical POA what can I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

This is New York state,

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I don't have documentation yet, as far as my grandfather because he is still living. The executor of my grandmother's estate has told us her wishes expressed in her will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My father the executor gets 25% his brother 20% and her church 3% the other 52% to be distributed between her 6 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. My grandfather is still living and they want to sell the home.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand what your question.

What can you do about what?

Your grandfather is still alive and you being the sole beneficiary of his estate does not yet come into play.

Kindly explain the basis for your question.

Thank you for your cooperation.