Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband died in NC.I filed his will for probate in NC and…

Customer Question
My husband died in...

My husband died in NC.I filed his will for probate in NC and have an exemplified copy to file in Georgia where he owned property. He left the property to me. According to the Court Clerk in Ga., I also need a deed of conveyance or an executors deed putting the property in my name. Should this be a quit claim deed or a warranty deed? Can I use one of the forms shown on this site to prepare it showing that I am deeding the property as the executor of his estate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in NC. My husband was a resident of NC when he died. His will was filed for probate in NC. The property at issue is located in Georgia.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the probated will leaving the property to me. The probate shows that the will is valid and I am the executrix.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/23/2018
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Should this be a quit claim deed or a warranty deed?

.

It wouldn't make any difference because you know where the property is coming from.. So either one is fine..

.

Can I use one of the forms shown on this site to prepare it showing that I am deeding the property as the executor of his estate?

.

Not sure what site you are talking about, but JustAnswer doesn't provide legal forms to customers... But you can use a site like USLegalforms.com below to download a template quitclaim or warranty deed that you can then just fill out and complete..

.

Link to quitclaim deed:

.

https://www.uslegalforms.com/ga/GA-02-77.htm

.

.

thanks