Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am working with a firm which has managed my mother's

Customer Question
I am working with...

I am working with a firm which has managed my mother's estate after she passed. They appear attentive and helpful. I read a detailed contract and signed and feel I understand.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My problem is my brother who is POA, executor. Incidentally, he has been in a divorce due to IMO excess litigation. Kentucky. He is pressuring me to sign a form independent of the trust. I think that could confuse what is well established in the trust, not needed. His lawyer now is atte,mpting to talk to me and I declined. There has been a distribution of a couple hundred K to him and me. Only beneficiaries besides some charity. I don't like that he tries to influence me to sign this form. I told them no and to go to the Trust firm. I also stated it was inappropriate to share any forms with or talk to this lawyer. Looks benign refunding agreement but it is really not needed, duplicating protections as per trust.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Trust documents, will, firm.s agreements notorized and delivered/ received by firm, more recent transfer form.,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My brother is a legal bully, he did this to his wife. I have only been in contact w him by email due to his anger.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/22/2018
Estate Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your estate, trust and contractual matter.

A power or attorney expires upon death so I don't see the relevance of this documents no when the disposition has reached the estate level.

In relation to to the trust the trustee needs to execute the trust according to deed.

Beneficiaries may be required to sign off on certain dispositions ; the extent extent of the legal consequence of signing a form presented by your brother to you can only be revealed by a full reading of the form.

I can offer a premium review service to review this document, just let me know.

Otherwise, you can request your estate attorney to advise you in this matte.

In relation to the estate and trust your sole responsibility is to administer both and to cede to informationa nd communication requests.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive rating today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill