Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If I first register the LLC in Delaware and after that I…

If I first register the...
If I first register the LLC in Delaware and after that I register the Delaware LLC in California, and I later cancel the LLC in Delaware, would the cancellation in Delaware have any effect on by active standing in California ?
3/21/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
OK

Yes it would here.The foreign LLC registered in California is only in good standing if the Delaware one is too.If you let the Delaware one expire or close it then you cannot do business in California.Now you could start a new LLC in California if you wanted to do business in California after that point.

I appreciate the chance to help you again today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I just called Delaware, and they said no it will not effect its existence in another State, what rule or law does California have that supports your answer ?
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I just called Delaware, and they said no it will not effect its existence in another State, what rule or law or etc., does California have that supports your answer ?

Forms to register LLC in California

http://bpd.cdn.sos.ca.gov/llc/forms/llc-5.pdf

You would to need to update the California LLC registration if you close the Delaware one.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business-programs/business-entities/filing-tips/filing-tips-llc/

At that point you are registering it as a California LLC.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney