Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Ray, a couple of months back you answered a question form…

Customer Question
Hello Ray, a couple of...
Hello Ray, a couple of months back you answered a question form and offered to do follow up questions and review documents if needed. I would love to take you up on the offer. I now need to know if disinherited heirs need to be listed in the Petition for Probate as interested parties.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/20/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You would list them here as interested parties.The idea is that they get notice so if they were wanting to contest will here they have an interest.So you must list them and notice as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you Ray, when I revise the petition to include new parties do I have to provide new notice of probate to the heirs that were already listed?

Yes you would do so here to provide notice.Good luck to you and thanks.

Just to clarify. The original Heirs already received notice. Do I have to give them notice again to let them know about the new people listed on the petition?

I would give them new notice since you added people to show everybody was included.I knows its a hassle but that how to do it properly.