Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My aunt in california included me in her trust as a

Customer Question
My aunt in california...

My aunt in california included me in her trust as a beneficiary. Am I required to pay taxes on that money. It is only cash, under $100,000 and i live in the state of Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have a copy of the trust and they sent me a K1 form but there are no figures written in to indicate they reported this to the irs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/19/2018
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
To the extent of income received you would report as income on return.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
do i have to pay federal and state tax on an inheritance
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”