Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My mother died in Temple Texas 2012, my sister is executor…

Customer Question
My mother died in...

My mother died in Temple Texas 2012, my sister is executor of the will. She has disowned me and refuses my calls or contacts. Is my mothers will on file? How can I proceed 2 read it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

None except my personal identification.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes my sister has also made it impossible for me to contact my children who are now adults.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/19/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Here you can contact county clerk where she deceased and order copy of will and anything else filed in probate.It is public record.It will be under the Estate of (your moms name)

County Clerk

Bell County Clerk - Shelley Coston

Bell County Justice Center
*****br />Belton, Texas 76513

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 480
Belton, Texas 76513

Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday

Email: ***@******.***

***************************************************************************************Main Number(###) ###-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you today and wish you the best.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.