Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Help question is my mother past away, prior to her death she…

Customer Question
Hello help question is...

Hello help question is my mother past away, prior to her death she married a person 14 months then i 1 she gift to her sister then gift back to her with her two (2) the deed as joint tenants and not tenant in common 2 then they bought another house 3 found that he got on the deed 4 she had him do a quit claim that states he passes all rights and claims to her without no inclusions 5 8 to 9 months after her death he filed a petition for life estate 6 my sister and i did not receive anything of his probate action 7 lied to sister and i that he was leaving so that i will have the estate as she told he to do 8 house had no mortgage at time of wed lock 8 she loaned him for toys boat rv cars at the tune 94000.9 he has not do any up keep to the house 10 north wall stuckgo is lose 11 facha gutter boards are just about to give 12 cut a big hole on the wall of the garage.built a marajana grow room downstairs 13 junk everywhere 14 started on the front yard junk everywhere15 attack me with a knife 15 her name stayed on the deed 5.5 years after death.** how can he petition after his quit claim deed of his waving all rights and claim to the estate and he removed all of her past generations items and toke sister and mine property he traded for his abusive meth usage

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I thought the quit claim deed would stop him minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Unable to retain a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

1 pro bone lawyer back april 2017 got sister and i on the deed owners 2 currently may 10 2018 is a trail sister eviction i revoking termination removal of his life estate trying i dont know the execution to procedure to work also

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/18/2018
Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 4 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

you asked were they marriedi dont knoweven if they are married at time of her death can he get life estate tittle?if so he waved all his rights in 2009 quit claim deed , would the marriage law not apply
Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 months ago

Sorry...I never asked if they were married...I simply asked what your questions were.

I read the information you posted and, frankly, I do not understand the underlying facts...could you please explain what is going on?

your question
are they marriedmy answer1. i don't know2. even if they were married at the time of her death why would matter2.2. he sighed away on that property 20093. again
your reply earlier response. "were they married " i attached the July 22, 2009 quit Claim Deed of giving her full control and him no control.please