Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My mother had past away I been helping her for 7 months

Customer Question
My mother had past...

My mother had past away I been helping her for 7 months before that we was not very close she made a trust I asked her about it she told me she was trustee and seecondary trusty was someone I did not care much for but she had been ill she wrote a new will and told me to give to him and he would do as it said but it had not gone that way what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Laverne California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I only have the title to the mobile and I have the will she just wrote a few months ago when she started to get ill

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had thought the mobile was not in the trust and have sold but I have till Monday to have copy of trust in but thinking I will not get sold like planned my mother sighed a title transfer to me on mobile and she was alive and she past away before I had chance to do anything with and she was the trustee of the estate at time

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Estate Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like answer I had paid the 5 waiting for answers please thank you
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing.

The successor trustee is the party that takes over the trust when the original trust passes; they are often also named as the executor in the will.
That person must comply with the terms of the trust and of the will or they can be sued for breach of the fiduciary duty.
Their responsibility is to gather all of the assets, inventory them, pay off creditors and disburse remaining assets/funds to the heirs.

If title to property is held jointly with a right of survivorship (ie a mobile, car, real estate etc) or with a pay on death beneficiary that property then passes directly to that party and is not part of the trust or the probate.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Payment I got no response

If you scroll above you will see my response!

Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 28 days ago

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney