Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do I get a form to be appointed personal representative…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get a form to be appointed personal representative for my deceased son, he left no will & his daughters want me to process the paperwork in the probate court Oakland County Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I just did, Oakland County, Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Death certificate & I need the paperwork for his daughters to sign and appoint me as personal representative

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, but have previously spoken to someone by the name of Barrister regarding this.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/17/2018
Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 4 months ago
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope the information I provide helps get you through this time.

Here is the website with the forms and instructions:

https://www.oakgov.com/courts/probate/Pages/form_application/deceased-formal-supervised-estate-forms.aspx

Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 4 months ago

Here is the specific form to be appointed Personal Representative:

http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/Forms/courtforms/pc559.pdf

Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 4 months ago

Please let me know if you have an additional question. If not, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!

Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you need help completing the form?