Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Had a roommate who skipped out on my was on lease for

Customer Question
Had a roommate who...

Had a roommate who skipped out on my was on lease for another 2 and a half mos. have his name and phone # how can I find his address to send notice to appear in court

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Franklin TN.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the lease copy state the length of the lease

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/16/2018
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

1. a private investigator

2. facebook information.

3. can use current address of lease as presumption is he would have rent forwarded.

4. inquiry with friends.

do you know an appox charge for a PI to find this info?

Normally they charge by the hour, so depends on time spent. I would get quotes to compare. But for your purpose perhaps avoid the cost and use tenancy address, and can always send a courtesy copy by email and online messaging system.

If my reply is fast and acceptable, kindly reply "acceptable"

charges of a PI can be approx $500

what is tenancy address and where do I go to find it?

Where you live.

You deliver it by mail and roomate should be having mail forwarded through post office.

is it an office, online service....?

No, its where you and roomate have lived.

they won't give me any info I don't already have

who wont. not following what more I can answer?

You mail to roomate at his last known address.

If my reples are fast and acceptable, kindly reply "yes"

that would be with me have no idea where he is now that is what I need to find out to send notice to appear in court

You do not need to find him. You just need last known address.

Is that clearer?

need to know his address where he lives now, other wise I can not send notice to appear. I can find it through tenancy address?
You can use his last known address. That would be the space he rented with you! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney