Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I was an authorized user on my grandmother's credit card she…

I was an authorized...

I was an authorized user on my grandmother's credit card she passed away, and the estate and everything is closed . I've been paying on it. Until recently, I just talked to the credit card company and since I'm not the executive of the estate. that's closed they can't tell me what's going to happen to the balance, what will happen to the balance will the executive of the state be notified?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm sorry for the delay it's Michigan Macomb County if that matters

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Documents regarding what exactly I'm just wondering if everything is closed out and the credit card company knows that she's deceased to collect the balance are they going to notify the representative of the estate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

3/16/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

what will happen to the balance will the executive of the state be notified?

.

Yes, this is a debt that is legally owed by the estate so they will contact the executor and file a claim to be paid out of the estate assets.

.

.

thanks

When they check the public record and see that she passed, does it also say who the attorney was on the estate or who the representative is?

If a probate case has been filed, then yes, that is all public information.

Barrister, Attorney