Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My brother passes away 2 & 1/2 ago leaving me as in charge…

Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** brother passes away 2 & 1/2 ago leaving me as in charge of his estate...Which was left with nothing...to this date at 7:25 am I have been getting a person trying to serve me with papers which i refused..and that person left papers at my door..what to do..

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

I am in Fl but he was in NJ and had property in Fl also.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have a will leaving me as Executor of estate..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His live in partner has taken sll money and reversed Mortgages on all property..and didn't pay any bills for more than 4 years..

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

Have you opened an estate for your brother in probate and been appointed executor by the judge?

What is the lawsuit about?

Loren, Attorney
I did probate the will..last year..lawsuit refers to bill collectors and property..that was taken over by bank..
Phone call session started