Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do I fill out a quit claim deed for a recovable living…

Customer Question
How do I fill out...
How do I fill out a quit claim deed for a recovable living trust?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Estate Law
3/15/2018
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney
What state is this in? Are you the trustee? Does the trust require this?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
California I'm not the grantor or the trustee in helping my mom figure it out I'll be the beneficiary along with one other sibling
Thank you.
The trustee is the person that would need to execute the deed and this would need to be according to the terms of the trust or the trustee may be held liable for breach of fiduciary duty. This is a link to sample deeds and instructions :https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://saclaw.org/wp-content/uploads/sbs-completing-and-recording-deeds.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwif25CpjO7ZAhUMA6wKHZAqAZ4QFggiMAE&usg=AOvVaw2eAj3038VCSoxVTAPJG365The deed for any property held in trust is typically held in the trust's name and then transferred upon death of the settlor.
This explains the process.
The grantee will be the name of the trust.
The property must be listed on the trust's schedule of assets to "fund" the trust.The deed would be recorded in the county where the property is located
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney