Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have a debt with Bank of America's credit card. I called…

I have a debt with...
I have a debt with Bank of America's credit card. I called the defendant lawyer and I got an agreement to pay the debt I installments. stating this coming 23 of March. I called the Denton Court Clerk and she told me that I need to answer the citation providing the arrangement I made. How do I provide such information in the form that I have. I can send you the form that I downloaded.
3/15/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Can you attach the form?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just attached the form. Thanks. It is for Denton Texas.
Great. What can I answer for you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In Section 2 it says:2. General Denial
Texas Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 92
I enter a general denial.
I request notice of all hearings in this case.What do I select?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In Section 3 it says:3. Specific Pleas Made Under Penalty of Perjury
Read Texas Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 93 for a list of specific pleas that must be verified or made under penalty of perjury. Ask a lawyer which specific pleas apply to your case.What is the specific plea in my case, where I agreed to repay in installments?
You are not denying the debt you have worked out a settlement.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is correct, so I do not select anything on Section 2, right?
You can write in that you do not deny the debt and set out the agreed settlement. I know these forms to cover every scenario. Leave section 2 blank.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK< great. Next Section 3, what do I input there? In reading th document is says: Ask a lawyer which specific pleas apply to your case.
You will actually be filing out 3 stating that you agree to the debt and you have worked out a payment arrangement with creditor and set out the payment plan.
For 4 you will place in other affirmative defenses that you agreed with the creditor to settle the debt.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think for Section 4 I know what I need to write, but I would like to ask. Section 4 says:4. Affirmative Defenses
Read Texas Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 94 for a list of affirmative defenses. Ask a lawyer which affirmative defenses apply to your case.. But there is an area in Section that says: Write any other details regarding payment of the debt here:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________This is where input as well all the information on how to will repay the debt, right?
You check accord and satisfaction and under 4 you set out other affirmative defenses setting out the payment agreement.
In essence you are letting the court know your settlement agreement.
Do you have any additional questions for me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I think I got what I needed. thanks
You are most welcome.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney