Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

RAY Never realized that it would be a complicated matter to…

Customer Question
hELLO RAYNever realized that it...
hELLO RAYNever realized that it would be a complicated matter to draft a will and that once I depart, I have to trust a person, In God We Trust, to handle all of my instructions. I am leaving out all of my living and deceased relatives out and have selected twenty five animal support societies to whom all of y wordly possessions are to be given. My home in SF is worth about 3 mill and the summer place in Oakmont about 800Ks. I am retired Military (LtCol) and also SFPolice Dept (Sgt), been retired for over 309 years and am very skeptical as to how to proceed with my will. I am still looking for suggestions as how to go best about this complicated matter. After my retirement I went into art business an have been supplying many Galleries with good paintings, but have quit doing so several years ago, but still keep in touch with the artists. One is Heinie Hartwig, who paints South West scenes and is sold at Portnoy Gallery in Carmel, Ciscos Gallery in Idaho, Petris Gallery in Sausalito and other locations. Thee is a great profit is buying direct from the artist, ie: a painting from Hartwig 5 x 7 will cost me 65.00, but they retail at above cited establishments, for 1500.00. So if you like good art, give me a call first. Back to the will. I plan to have the lawyer complete the will and then take it to someone else for review and further advice if it needs to be revised or another type of will drafted, maybe more justifiable and more to what I need. Many ThanksGeorge
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/14/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I wish you the best here.Sounds like you have a good plan to make sure your last wishes are carried.I appreciate the chance to help you, please let me know how it goes.You are a special person who is going to do great things for the animals in your area. I wish you the best.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

G​eorge it is always a pleasure to work with you, bet you have some beautiful art.