Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have rec'd a letter from the Calif Court of Appeal

I have rec'd a letter...
I have rec'd a letter from the Calif Court of Appeal indicating my request for an appeal on a probate matter is in default per (California rules of court, rule 8.100) and is dismitted. It further states the order becomes final in 30 days. It also states "Any party desiring reinstatement must file a motion within 15 days of this noted. Also cited: [Cal. Rules of Court, rule 8.264(b)(1)]. Spoke with the clerk and he advised me that I have until March 28, to move on my case and the judge could reinstate if I could show good reason for intending to move on with my case. I have had some severe medical issues (which I sure may not matter) and depend upon my son to assist me and to do my proof of service. I found out from the clerk that he did not do the proof of service on time. Any suggestions on how I can make a compelling request to get the reinstatement. I have spoken with you before regarding my legal issues on this matter and appreciated your help. I live in Kansas and the case is in California (Alameda county). Excuse any typing errors. Thanks
3/13/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

A motion to reinstate citing medical issues as good cause and that there was no harm to other side here.You can certainly do that and see where it goes here.The proof of service is really a technical issue no harm to the other side. You have good chances of having this granted I believe so by all means try for it.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney