Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can you help me find the form in St. Croix County Wisconsin…

Customer Question
Can you help me find...
Can you help me find the form in St. Croix County Wisconsin that compels the executor of the estate to file the will? From what I read, she has 30 days from day of death to do so. Which would be 3/21/18, but she is out of the country.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Just wondering if anyone is looking?
3/12/2018
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

My apologies. I was not online when your question posted. Sorry for the delay and thank you for requesting me.

There are not always exact forms for each motion. As Attorneys we draft our own motions. I can provide a sample of a motion to compel https://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/forms/search.pl?&state=WI&rating=all&field=anywhere&altform=&memform=&query=motion%20compel&RSW=wpAhCmpAr6tNpAwtGehc6tWmcmr26timccoowpAhCmpAr6tWmcmr26toowpAhCmpAr6tNpAwtGehc6tooimcc6tooWmcmr26tooNpAwtGehc6toowpAhCmpAr6txWqReS

You will want to use a probate cover sheet for that county. Let me see if I can find forms that will assist you.

Register in Probate

"Each Wisconsin county has a Register in Probate official. The executor -- or personal representative -- must file the will with the Register in Probate within 30 days of the testator’s death, as well as an application for probate in the county in which the decedent resided. The Register in Probate then sends out notices to all interest parties, which typically include the estate’s creditors, the decedent’s heirs and any named persons in the will. In addition, the court orders the executor to publish notice of the probate action in a local newspaper." http://info.legalzoom.com/wisconsin-probate-procedures-challenge-will-3883.html

Your Son can apply for a copy of a certified copy of the death certificate at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/vitalrecords/record.htm

and also petition the court to be appointed the personal representative of his father's estate, which would force the Step-daughter to take action.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

This form will work https://www.uslegalforms.com/us/US-00743BG.htm

Are you online with me?

The forms I attached will work. Did you have any additional questions for me?