Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My dad owned a house with his brothers and sisters all

Customer Question
Second opinion] my dad owned...
Second opinion] my dad owned a house with his brothers and sisters all equally he has passed away so has one of his brothers and sisters. everybody wants to gift the house to one of his brothers completely how do we release my dads/and or my dads heirs interest in the propertyJA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: washingtonJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: only the original documents when they all inherited the houseJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: my dad did have a living trust. that has all been executed. but his personal representative failed to do this (sure you have never heard that before)
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/11/2018
Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Have the estates of your dad and the other siblings' estates been probated?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

sorry for my delay in getting back to you. my dads estate was not probated through a court, but ownership of vehicles real estate etc. were transferred. his sister that passed away her estate was taken care of by my cousin but I'm sure it was taken care of completely. there is still one sister living and one brother living (he resides in the house) in fact the tax bill is in the brothers name only. my aunt and my brother my cousin and myself really just want to relinquish and interest in the house and let my uncle have it. he is the only one that lives in the city where the house is and the one that can benefit the most.
I hope we are still connected somehow, perhaps you will get this message later. thank you in advance for any guidance you may give

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

In order to properly transfer the property to your uncle, the estates of the deceased siblings must be probated and the beneficiaries of the estate clearly noted. Then the beneficiaries of the estates would then join with your uncle as Grantors on the Deed and transfer the property to your uncle only as the Grantee.

So, the new Deed would have your uncle and the beneficiaries of the estates of your father, and the other deceased siblings as the Grantors to your uncle as the Grantee for love and affection... You can use the current Deed as sample for the rest of the description of the property--to prepare the new Deed.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.