Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

When my Brother got divorced his wife wrote up the list of…

When my Brother got...

When my Brother got divorced his wife wrote up the list of properties to be divided. She purposely left out the fact that she had convinced my brother that her name had to be on our property deed even though his was not on any of hers. We had specifically told her that we did not want this in case of a divorce. Her name is ***** ***** our Deed of Trust even though they are divorced. How do we remove her?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In what respect?

3/11/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Next can sue to have a court issue s declaratory judgment.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What would a letter from a lawyer say? and what kind of a lawyer specifically? Divorce?
Divorce lawyer. Letter would warn of legal action unless consents to return title!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
How would she "return title"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
You have not replied to my question of how she would return title
She can do so by agreement - a stipulation or the court can issue an order directing the transfer.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
thank you . acceptable
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney