Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

We wish to revoke our Trust -it is no longer valid in terms…

Customer Question
We wish to revoke...

We wish to revoke our Trust -it is no longer valid in terms of assets=we wish to do this quickly as possible?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Our trust has been filed is all

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is an A B Trust -

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/10/2018
Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 4 months ago
socrateaser, Attorney

If the trust is a typical revocable family trust, you don't need to actually revoke the trust. You can simply transfer title to any assets held in the trust's name back into your personal name(s) (e.g., vehicles, vessels, business entities, stocks, bonds, real estate) -- and then no longer utilize the trust for any purpose.

The trust will remain unfunded indefinitely, and when the survivor of each of you passes away, the trust will have nothing to distribute to any beneficiary and that will terminate the trust.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!