Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My father recently passed away. My sister had POA over his…

Customer Question
My father recently passed...

My father recently passed away. My sister had POA over his day to day affairs. Apparently she set up his stocks for a three way split between the siblings. This is what she has said, but I have nothing in writing stating this. Due to financial hardship, I'd like to transfer my third to my bank account. What is the procedure? Also, how do I formally get a copy of the will?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

My father, who lived in PA and bought the stock there, became a resident of CA two years ago, which is were my sister took care of his affairs. I don't know what paperwork has been filed. What would typical paperwork be?

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have no supporting paperwork regarding the stocks, just her word.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No-thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/10/2018
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Has anyone filed a probate case to settle father's estate?

.

How long ago did he pass?

.

Who is named as executor of the will?

.

Have you asked sister about this? (as she obviously would be the best source of info)

.

.

thanks