Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Do you have knowledge of interpreting wills? The State is…

Customer Question
Do you have knowledge...

Do you have knowledge of interpreting wills?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The State is Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There is a will, the administrator changed after the death and all heirs are not being represented

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am an heir

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/10/2018
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Is there any way I can send you a copy of the will, it is 6 pages?
You can load it or include the section you are concerned about.if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
again am I able to send a copy of the will so we are not wasting time by not understanding each other
I will opt out. Good luck.
can I sen a copy of the will so that we are better able to understand each other?
I hope my CC is not being charged yet.
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

If you attach a copy of the will here isand ask specific questions about it I will try to assist you to understand it.

files attached, I am Suzie (Susan) Wright

Susan: You inserted the pages upside down, and it will take me until the Fourth of July to figure out how to rotate them, so please reattach the pages. Also, you have not asked any questions about the content. it might be more helpful to go to the phone contact service. It is more expensive, but the direct talk is usually more beneficial than this question-and-answer format.

The administrator ***** ***** decided that he had a conflict of interest, and named my sister Jami Jones as the new administrator. Jami states she has been providing the balance of our dads' financial debt to the attorney, T. Holmes. Meanwhile, she has informed me that the small acreage I am to receive she wants to sell to pay the debt. I have not seen the accounting for the supposed debt. Jami did sell a vehicle to her daughter but it was not discussed with the 3 of us. All other personal property in the house to include jewelry and clothing, furniture etc. she has removed by her because she wanted it. IS all of this legal, what is the role of the administrator and is there accountability to the other heirs?
Also, Saundra Evans our mother died Oct 8, 2017, 2 days before dad signed this will. Not to mention my dad is illiterate and can not read or write. Who read this will to him?
My father died Jan 21, 2018
Your answers are coming thru as text messages on my phone not in this forum. I have already pain an attorney but I have not been able to get ahold of him in 3 weeks. So I will opt out of paying for a phone conversation by your company. P.s. the will shows right side up when I look at it.
paid an attorney

Susan: I am trying to offer you our premium direct phone contact service, but the system is not letting me do so. I don't understand the reasons for that. As I said above, I cannot read the will pages that you attached. Typically, in situations such as yours the will and the UPC (Uniforrm Probate Code) requires the general assets of the estate be sold before specifically bequeathed real estate in order to pay debts, expenses and costs of administration. An attorney who doesn't return phone calls for three weeks should be replaced.

Also, when you refer to your father's "debts", are those actual claims that have been filed in the estate proceeding? That is an important issue.

I have to be away from the computer until later this afternoon. I am on Eastern time, so I will probably return to this around 12 -1:00 PM your time.

No they are just what Jami has stated. Most of his debt is associated with the 3 businesses she is to inherit. But since there is not an accounting to us, I do not know what is owed.

It would seem highly irregular for your property,i.e. property that is bequeathed to you to be sold in order to pay debts that are specifically connected with properties that have been bequeathed to someone else

Assets of the estate are abated in a certain order for the payment of debts. see: https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/Title15/T15CH3/SECT15-3-902/

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? Please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.