Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can my children contest a trust because of there age, the…

can my children contest a...
can my children contest a trust because of there age, the trustee is 67 and the kids are 57,55 &52 they do not get their inheritance til the trustee dies, she could out live them.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.Not to worry. From what you have stated, there are no grounds to contest the trust. The trust provisions are up to the grantor, the person putting the property in the trust, and no one else. The terms can be what ever the grantor chooses and age of the beneficiaries is irrelevant. This is true even if it is possible, likely or even all but certain that the beneficiaries will not live longer than the grantor.I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have answered your question, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are compensated for the help we provide.Good luck!Best,
Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney