Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I jus sent you a message reguarding a letter i received from…

Customer Question
I jus sent you...

I jus sent you a message reguarding a letter i received from a lawyer about sueing me for the return of items

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I did ..it's oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I'm awhere of jus the letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'v already signed up all i want is what rightfully mine I sign up already

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/9/2018
Estate Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

can they legally sue me to get everything back?..everything i did for my mom was through Power of attorney and at her request

I'm sorry, I need more information... I don't know who is suing you and for what.

The people who are suing me are my stepfather's biological children they were nowhere in the picture and now that both parents are gone they want to claim everything and want me to return everything that was left to me they want it put in the Family Trust
I wish I could afford to call you so this is the only way that I can get in contact with you I just don't have that kind of money

Left to you as in in a will? And what exactly are they suing you for - what cause of action? Is there an actual court case or are they threatening you?

Right now what I've received is a threatening letter from their attorney my mother had written in her will that I was to receive certain things and now the other kids want it all back to put in the trust or in the Family Trust but I have documents I just don't know how to send them to you

You don't need to send them to me... you just need to tell me your situation. So there's a will saying that you're entitled to X but the other kids are saying they want X put back in the trust... well, if X was left to you - X is yours!

What is this Wayne's up to be a court matter I need somebody to represent me so I can obtain what's rightfully mine
In my mother's Direct advantage it states that whoever takes care of her on living basis is to receive $2,500 a month and right now I mean after she passed it was up to $140,000 the house has been sold for 250 so wouldn't they have to pay me off first as a debt or how does that work

martindale.com would be the place to look if you wanted to hire an atty.

I've been trying to find an attorney or at least get some advice to see where I stand on the situation but my problem is I'm on a very limited income and I just I can't afford an attorney so I don't know what to do I've used all my resources to try to get some help but in this I have a substantial amount of cash up front nobody will help me so I thought maybe I could at least get some advice to see if these kids can sue me I don't see how they can because I had power of attorney it's in the will and I didn't remove anything from that house that mother didn't request it to go do you have any advice whatsoever
What I can tell you is that if the will left you certain assets those assets are yours. You don’t have to fight with anyone if those assets were left to you and you have them.
I’m not quite understanding what you are referring to with a direct advantage account.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?