Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have been living in my dead brother's house taking care of…

I have been living...

I have been living in my dead brother's house taking care of it while his son gets old enough to assume ownership. I have been paying the property taxes and upkeep for the last 10+years.Now that he wants to move in, what are my rights...

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have receipts for the upkeep ,and the property taxes...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My other brother is executor of the estate

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
Are you guys guardian? How old is he?
Infolawyer, Attorney
NO, his mother is, and he just turned 18...
Phone call session started