Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My son passed away and has an account with Wells Fargo with…

My son passed away...

My son passed away and has an account with Wells Fargo with an amount of approximately little over one hundred thousand . what do I need to do as hios mother to acess this account. Bank will not give me information.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Gila county, Az.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He left no will and lived with me for the last 20 or so years. No assets to speak of.

3/9/2018
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed estate attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and hopefully I can help you access the account. Since there was no Will, his estate will be paid to his next of kin. I'm assuming he was not married and had no children. If that was the case, then you are the beneficiary of his estate.

Your next step will be to open an estate. You will need file a certified death certificate with the courts. You will be appointed the executor of his estate. Once you become the executor you will have the legal authority to liquidate and close the Wells Fargo account. The bank will want a copy of the court order, officially appointing you the executor.

CAN YO DO THIS FOR ME AND WHAT IS IS THE COST. HE WAS NEVER MARRIEDAND NO CHILDREN.

Unfortunately I can not; however, I can recommend a few attorneys for you contact who can prepare and file the documents for you. The legal fees will be paid from the finds in the Wells Fargo account and will not come out of your pocket. Please give me a moment while I type my recommendations.

HAD NO ASSETS, VEHCLE WASIN BOTH OUR NAMES A 1995 CHEVY TRUCK
I DO NOT KNOWHOW TO TEXT. PREFER THE INTERNET
HAVE THE DEATH CERTIFICATE

1) Dana & Associates, 902 S. Beeline Hwy Suite B, Payson, AZ 85541,(###) ###-####/p>

2) Fountain Hills Law Firm, 1000 N. Beeline Highway, #2104, Payson, AZ 85541(###) ###-####br />3) Owens Law Firm, 200 W. Frontier St., Suite L, Payson, Arizona 85541,(###) ###-####/p>

Jessica B
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
CAN NOT ACCEPT A PHONE CALL
DO NOT WISH TO ACCEPT A PHONE CALL.

No problem. You can ignore that request. That does not come from me. It is automatically generated by Justanswer.