Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

What are my rights and limitations as my mother's POA (Power…

Customer Question
What are my rights and...
What are my rights and limitations as my mother's POA (Power of Attorney)?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Estate Law
3/8/2018
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The actual POA document will spell out exactly what your legal rights are to act on behalf of mother... They are very specific, but typically give you the power to take any financial actions that mother herself could take. About the only thing that a POA can't give the holder power to do is change the grantor's will..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney