Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have a trust that is now irrevocable since my husbands…

I have a trust...

I have a trust that is now irrevocable since my husbands death (5 yrs ago) I just found this out because I am trying to refinance my home. The loan company will not prepare the deed out of trust. I need to have a deed prepared out of trust. I would also want to have a affidavit of death of trustee or affidavit of surviving trustee( depending on Oregon law) and record with a certified copy of my husbands death certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

3/8/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Sounds like a lot needs to be done. Are you saying that the deed is in the trustee's name of the trust and not your name? Do you have a copy of the trust?

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
The trust is in both of our names and was revocable . In the event of one of us passing it states the trust would be irrevocable. I have the copy of the trust.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started