Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I was just on line with you asking about informing

beneficiaries and asked if a...
I was just on line with you asking about informing beneficiaries and asked if a K-1 form is what you recommended. We got cut off. Could you please just answer that last question?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018

Thank you for your new question.

Here is the link to some sample financial statements for trust accounts and explanations on how to file them: http://www.dummies.com/personal-finance/estate-planning/how-to-produce-annual-trust-accounts/

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Sorry, the K-1 is just like a 1099, that is given to each beneficiary at the end of the year for taxes to show only that beneficiaries income from the trust. But the accounting forms for the trust are at the above link.