Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Ray, I am going to Trial in less then a week and Lawyer from…

Customer Question
Ray, I am going to Trial...
Ray,
I am going to Trial in less then a week and Lawyer from other side is now asking for:
Exchange exhibits, Stipulate facts to prepare joint list, Preparing joint pretrial statement, Preparing joint witness list, Exchange motions in liminie, Discuss exchange trial briefs, Execute comlpliance statement.
What is this all about ?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/8/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 4 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Well exchanging exhibits is a good idea and witness list, etc. The idea here is to get the paper done now since you will need it.Why not ask him for proposed statements, etc and you can work off of his.I don't see a trial brief is warranted at this point.

Try to work with him it helps you frame issues and really be prepared by knowing his side and his witnesses, etc.It helps you overall and allows for correction if needed.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Let me know if you have more.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray,
Not following the Exchange exhibits ? What would you as a Lawyer be referring to an exhibit that needs to be exchanged ?
Ray,
Did you go back and review my prior questions and my Probate issue, do you have that option ? The Sister of my Mother screwed us both and I am just trying to make this right. The Sister has also recently passed away and now the Husband is continuing for her estate to try and take more $ from me and my sibling.

If you have any documents that you intend to present be it affidavits, titles, letters, etc you need to go on and mark them P1, P2P3, etc or D1,D2 , etc and submit them to other side.He is telling you if you will do that he will too and you can agree to one joint set of exhibits.It allows you to know if there is going to be objection to them and from your side what he has and is going to offer as well here.

It is show me yours and I will show you mind and we can admit all at start of hearing by agreement.

Thanks for the follow up ,let me know if you have more.

Thanks for rating 5 stars when done.

Ray,
I have been told that the Court will always look at probating the Estate to the Children of the deceased before it goes to other siblings in this case a Sister. I did present my Mothers Original will for probate and made a statement that the Sister lied in her paperwork and did not include the $ she took from my Mothers bank accounts. The Sister entered into my Mothers life after no contact or communication for over 50 years. Then Sister had my Mother add her to bank accounts and had her make a NEW will including her into it and reducing me to a 1% in will. I know this Sister put undue Influence on my Mother in her last months of life and walked away with all she could before I found out.

So any documents you have here, any witnesses give them to lawyer and present them to the judge.If you have neighbors or relatives that new of her frailty and this influence produce them to the judge,You may well prevail here.

I wish you the best here.

Prayers to yo u here with all.Thanks for rating 5 stars.