Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Who is entitled to have a copy/be at the reading of a will…

Customer Question
Who is entitled to have...
Who is entitled to have a copy/be at the reading of a will
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
3/8/2018
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Anyone who is an heir or directly related to an heir, like a child or spouse or parent.

.

But there isn't normally a formal "reading of the will" in a dimly lit lawyer's office with everyone standing around the lawyer's desk... That is something that only happens on TV...

.

In real life, the executor just sends a copy of the will to all the beneficiaries once the probate case has been filed and they read it on their own..

.

.

thanks