Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I need to get assigned the admin of my fathers estate. Need…

I need to get...

I need to get assigned the admin of my fathers estate. Need a probate lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No should be pretty simple

My father left me everything by name except this annuity he had. I only found out about it because he left me his bank account as well. My father passed on 7/22/2017. I already have the death certificate. My parents got divorced when I was 15-16. I've already spoke with the annuity company and they informed me I need to be appointed the admin of the Estate as it says this was in a trust, I'm sure I'm the only one named in trust as my father was adamant he didn't want anyone else in my family to receive anything. I already spoke with my father's attorney and he has no clue who could of helped him do the estate. I helped take care of my father the last few years and he moved a few times so any documentation is definitely lost or non- existent. I'm in the process of handling his final taxes for last year as well. Pretty much all I need is to make sure I have these forms filled out correctly so I can submit to the court.Thanks,
***** *****
Hmm.. 8 minutes is starting to feel like 30min
3/8/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Here is the petition you need

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/de111.pdf

Instructions

https://apeopleschoice.com/how-to-fill-out-petition-for-probate-california/

Short video to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1kWyKErMUE&t=25s

Once you file here, there is a posted notice at court house and clerk with tell ou when hearing on it is, you go to court and get letters from the court.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.So sorry for your loss.

Hi Ray,Appreciate the reply. Thank you for your time and thanks for condolences.

You are so welcome.If you can rate 5 stars at top of page always much appreciated,Have blessed evening.

I would like to but I think you guys should change the wait time feature on this website. Why make it say 8min. when it's going to take several hours? Just let us know up front it will be a while, that way we don't sit and wait wasting our time. Just like you don't want your time wasted.Just a suggestion

Sorry I answered this as soon as it came to me, I appreciate the patience.It took me a few minutes to gather the resources for you.Thanks again for the chance to help.The 5 stars help me continue to help you.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
OK Ray. I will this time as I'm sure this is not something you handle, but please mention this to whomever manages your website. Once again I appreciate your assistance.