Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified estate lawyer who will answer your question

DamienJD
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

More related answers
All estate lawyers are VERIFIED
My mother died and left her jewelry to my 2 Daughters and the
Richard, Owner
My mother died and left her jewelry to my 2 Daughters and the jewelry is missing.One diamond ring which had 3 diamonds (Center diamond a full carrot,2 smaller diamonds on each side were 1/2 to 3/4 car… read more
For follow-up to my question, what if my sister hands over
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Attorney
For follow-up to my question, what if my sister hands over her inheritance to her daughter, who then gives her a "stipend' each month for living expenses? Can the daughter be held libel for fraud or o… read more
my fathers aunty left in her will a considerable fortune to
INFOLAWYER, Partner
my father's aunty left in her will a considerable fortune to all the living brothers and sisters of his. there were 8 children in the family and my dad and one of his brothers are deceased. Is my moth… read more
my mother died in august and left my sister who was living
INFOLAWYER, Partner
my mother died in august and left my sister who was living with her the house they were living in. my sister died monday, my interest is in the house, who does the house go to now, my mother left a wi… read more
I live in Louisiana. My sister left a will. Her daughter was
Jeffrey Gaffney
Jeffrey Gaffney, Attorney
I live in Louisiana. My sister left a will. Her daughter was listed as executor of her estate. Her daughter died and she has me and my two sisters as 2nd. One of my sisters listed died 4 years ago. My… read more
My sister has been left as executress of my fathers estate
lwpat
lwpat, Doctoral Degree
My sister has been left as executress of my fathers estate but we all were left as equal beneficiaries, but she is keeping everything a secret and not sharing any information with the other beneficiar… read more
My sister & I were left a house in my mothers will, in equal
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My sister & I were left a house in my mothers will, "in equal shares, to share & share alike" per the will. My sister is executor of the will. Per the will, she is "authorized and empowered , if and w… read more
The sister that did all of this placed only her name as the
Barrister, Attorney
The sister that did all of this placed only her name as the executor! My mother was holding the mortgage (articles of agreement). So the bad sister will get all of this????????? None of us other siste… read more
My mother left my sisters 2 young children out of her will
JaxLaw
JaxLaw, Associate Attorney
My mother left my sister's 2 young children out of her will intetionally. All of the other grandchildren are adults and were left a specific amount. She wants her children given the same amount as the… read more
MY SISTER AND BOYFRIEND WERE LIVING TOGETHER FOR 18 YEARS.
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
MY SISTER AND BOYFRIEND WERE LIVING TOGETHER FOR 18 YEARS. HE GOT CANCER AND PASSED AWAY, HE LEFT A WRITTEN WILL IN WHICH HE WROTE BY HIMSELF AND NO COPIES OR LAYWER WAS PRESENT. THE WILL WAS NOTORIZE… read more
My sister passed away and left her home to her step daughter.
Phillips Esq., Attorney
My sister passed away and left her home to her step daughter. In her will she stats that I am allowed to live in the home and pay the mortgage until the step daughter and I agree to sell then we will … read more
My sister had stroke and with her daughter son were trying
Law Educator, Esq., estate lawyer
My sister had stroke and with her daughter son were trying to go over things at her house. We put some items which included silvareware gold coins and other miscellaneous. We put them in a box and put… read more
My elderly mother and her sister were left a home by their
Ely, Counselor at Law
my elderly mother and her sister were left a home by their mother. When my aunt died she left her portion of the house to her son. There have been multiple issues with the house such as where the resp… read more
My wife and her sister were left 125,000.00 in stocks and 50,00.00
Barrister, Attorney
My wife and her sister were left 125,000.00 in stocks and 50,00.00 each from the sale of a house. What tax burden would there be on that amount??… read more
My girlfriend and her sister were left life use of their parents
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
My girlfriend and her sister were left life use of their parent's house over 10 years ago. My girlfriend bought out her siblings shortly after and lived in the house taking care of her mentally handic… read more
I AM POWER OF ATTORY FOR MY HUSBANDS AUNT IN INDIANA AND WE
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
I AM POWER OF ATTORY FOR MY HUSBANDS AUNT IN INDIANA AND WE LIVE IN OHIO WE A HAVE IT LIVING WILL ALL OF IT . HER SISTERS BOY HIS TRYING TO GET POWER OF ATTORY CAN THERE BE TWO OF US OR JUST ONE?… read more
My Brother and sister-in-law were married for over 25 years
Barrister, Attorney
My Brother and sister-in-law were married for over 25 years and lived in her Mom's house all that time, even after the Mom passed in the 80's. There was NO WILL from the MOM.passed away 2 years and my… read more
My sister named my daughter as her beneficiary of her 401K
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
My sister named my daughter as her beneficiary of her 401K and other monies. My sister's husband was not all that well and I know my sister fully expected him to die before her. As it happened she die… read more