Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

When my died she left me money in a bank because both my…

When my died she...

When my died she left me money in a bank because both my brothers were rich and figured I would need it more. My rich brother got all the paperwork when she died 11/13/14 my older brother just told me about it a few days ago. he said he forgot about it, he saw the letter and didn't open them. I called him today he said he didn't have my address. He did get my Christmas card but that was not enough. On April 1999 my father died and me said he was executer of estate and he was there to take everything out of the house of value I it was all his. He thinks that being executer of estate he would just go to bank and get the money. The bank, "Wells Fargo" said I was sole beneficiary. I not sure when he went to bank. He was executer of Dad's estate not Mom's. I called him today he said he was going to mail it. Mom told me about the money to help me out because my other brothers were so rich.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

None just Mom's death certificate, I have the Texas Retirement fund paperwork that she left me here retirement

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it, if he sends paperwork there is no problem, he contacted the Texas Retirement people and tried to take that and the supervisor called me and want to know how he was. They sent me the money, this could only be a few hundred dollar or less or more

2/10/2018
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Good Afternoon. Your question goes from a bank account at Wells Fargo To the Texas Retirement people, so I can't be sure about what you're asking. if the account was in your father's name and yours, then you all you need to do is go to the Wells Fargo branch where the account is, provide them with your identification, proof of your father's death, and tell them to transfer the funds into your name. The bank wants the information to come from you, not your brother.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

They mailed an incomplete document that they had been trying to cash in at bank, I mailed back. It was just what appears to be the interest on her accounts. The post office said they were aware he sent the letter, best I sent back. Thanks so much

You are welcome. If you want a telephone contact please let me know. If not, please post a good (five star ) rating for me.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney