Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can't probate just look at the paper checks from several…

Can't probate just look at...
Can't probate just look at the paper checks from several life ins policies and realize anything over $227.00 was placed into the estate acct by me with my funds. I spoke with my banker and he told me which checks needed to go into the estate acct.
1/18/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

The lawyer needs the documentation for the estate records. The court cannot "just look at the checks" and realize anything. Courts require documentation. So you need to provide documentation to the attorney to justify where the money came from and to show it was not estate money. That is how the laws on evidence work.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.