Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband is a Military Veteran and has disability. Do to…

Hello, My husband is a Military...
My husband is a Military Veteran and has disability. Do to his constant problems with his hip, knees and back we start to build a new house. My husband had a hip and knee replacement.
We found a builder who was willing to build a house disabled ready. We had a plan drawn by a drawing firm. In our contract stay's that he has to build according to plan. Here it starts.
We looked at the house and saw that all the windows in the front of the house are to low. Telling the builder that this has to be addressed and corrected (house was at the time in wood frame, have pictures and text between my husband and builder), he screamed, threaten us with court,coursed at us even in front of our daughter. He told us he if f-ing rich and he don't wan't to talk to us. (have a part of the verbal abuse on phone) Now he is putting 3 steps in front and steps on the extended patio in the back. I wrote him and was told not to waste his time i should talk to the realtor. He is breaching the contract how ever he want. We really don't know what to do, we don't have the money to go to court. We pay a lot of money for that house and we build it that my husband has easier access and to make things easier for him. I wouldn't be able to get him in and out the house if he is getting worse.
We have pictures, text communication, recording..
Can you help us to find a way to fight this without having these costs, or a place we can get some help. This is a nightmare
1/18/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

P. Simmons, Attorney
What can we do. That builder do what ever he want with the house. He change what ever he want. He add steps, set the windows how he set then in his own plan, not according to our plan
Phone call session started
P. Simmons, Attorney