Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Not sure what is considered elder abuse if a relative cons a…

Not sure what is...

Not sure what is considered elder abuse if a relative cons a elderly grandparent out of s 45,000 inheritance

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Bank records

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Was thinking of putting a lien on the adult grandchild's house

1/16/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Thats Elder abuse and exploitation.Report it to Adult Protective Services and law enforcement.Crimes here they can be prosecuted and sued.

Report it here

Report Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation

Everybody in the State of Florida is a mandatory reporter.

For more information, visit the Florida Abuse Hotline.

BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE:

1. Victim name, address or location, approximate age, race and sex;
  2. Physical, mental or behavioral indications that the person is infirm or disabled;
  3. Signs or indications of harm or injury, including a physical description if possible;
  4. Relationship of the alleged possible responsible person to the victim. If the relationship is unknown, a report will still be taken if other reporting criteria are met.

WAYS TO MAKE A REPORT:

1. REPORT ONLINE
  2. TELEPHONE: 1-***-***-****

You my need a guardianship of their estate.Guardian can sue them.

Lawyer for you here

Lawyer Referral Service

Request A Referral Online 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What happens if POA doesn't report iy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anyone going to call tonight
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to get some rest can he call tomorrow?

Yes he can no problem.The best to you,thanks

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney