Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am or was one of three beneficiaries to n irrevocable life…

Customer Question
I am or was...

I am or was one of three beneficiaries to n irrevocable life insurance trust . However , my sister has been manipulating my mothers assets , property , cash , and even had my mother and her estate lawyer get involved in my divorce proceedings and managed to make a deal with my X husband to put the $1.4 million cash settlement into a trust she created a year before my settlement when my father passed . Now my mother was vulnerable to her estate lawyer and my sister who had serious financial problems foreclosure, and bankruptcy to whom she told no one . When my property settlement finallly took place I signed an agreement for lifetime support $8500 plus cost of living . I was forced to received my support from a trustee who was to withhold taxes and make estimated tax payments and file a return . Trustee appointed by my mother and her estate lawyer who entered it into my agreement by consent order w/out my knowledge . They negioated a lump sum settlement and never told me that the monthly support deposits ( by cashiers check ) was for ten years . I didn’t get the money I got a 6,000 cash deposit for 10 years . During that time 1300 went to pay for a life insurance policy on my wealthy X husband with assets , stock, retirement account in excess of 6,million and he a senior partner of his law firm . I was defrauded out of two homes and my divorce proceeds . It’s almost difficult to admit this . Now my sister has control of my mother , her finances , and now her physically . She convinced my mother to do a reverse mortgage in a condo paid for with my money and was not my mothers prinart residence two years ago .Now she has up and announced she’s going to sell it ! So she borrowed her own money , no mortgage , closing costs , interest , etc. because it was the most valuable property she could get her hands on and that had no renter and didn’t for 10 years . First the maid lived there then my sisters daughter . Insane .$2800 mo. Rent uncollected while paying $6,000 in taxes and 600 a month in condo fee.why ? It was the plan all along , tried to do it in 2007 but learned then about prinary residence and my final decree had not accrued yet . Now the reverse mortgage after receiving nail at the address for two years and voter registration in record was successful . My sister has just had my mother do a third POA , dpoa , medical directive etc. and she is trying to force me to sell my condo which is in. Y mothers name to be mi d when she passes . Now that can’t remain possible and it must be Sold now that I lost my CIVIL TRIALFROM A MOTION TO MODIFY SUPPORT , costing by every five I had to my name which was a 492 K plan untouched until the jawyer took it $142000 and quit have way to trial . How do I stop my sister immediately . Mother is alive and well (90) but does no thinking on her own anymore . Help me please .

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

We are in Fairfax County Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Too much

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Bankruptcy records for my sister property records do you changes invoices from lawyers depositions completely fraudulent and my sister has collected disability for 35 years and has 6 acres and Loudoun at a husband that doesn’t work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
1/6/2018
Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You need to challenge the guardianship your sister has based on breaches of fiduciary duty and fraud. I would recommend hiring an attorney with estate planning litigation experience.