Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Is it necessary to probate a will when the only beneficiary…

Customer Question
Is it necessary to...

Is it necessary to probate a will when the only beneficiary is the spouse of the deceased?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Gerogia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the will and the death certificate and my wife passed away 4 years ago. The house is the only property. It is in both our names.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
1/5/2018
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You will need to make application to probate the will so that title can be transferred to you.Once you are appointed personal representative there is a fiduciary deed from yourself as PR of the estate to yourself individually.But you will have to probate the will here and have it admitted and sign such a deed here under Georgia law to transfer the property .

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again .

If you can positive rate 5 stars its is much appreciated.

There is no time limit to probate a will he in Georgia but you will have title issues until you do so.

Lawyer for you here

Lawyer Referral and Information Service  

Attorney referral service in Atlanta, Georgia

Address:***** Service ONLY available by phone, Atlanta, GA 30303

Hours:

Open today · 8:30AM–5:30PM

Phone: (404)(###) ###-####/a>