Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband recently passed and i'd like to get into his

Customer Question
my husband recently passed and...
my husband recently passed and i'd like to get into his iPhone and ipad. I don't know the passwords. he changed them frequently. I do have a death certificate of course. can you help?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
1/5/2018
Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Apple has no way to unlock it without is passwords. If your spouse was syncing to a computer you can connect to that computer and sync it to unlock it or Restore it from backup to completely unlock it. If not you would have to put it in Recovery mode to clear the lock which would erase everything from the phone.

I hope this clarifies.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.