Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have already asked my question And Awaiting Your Response.

Customer Question
I Live In New York...
I have already asked my question And Awaiting Your Response. I Live In New York And It Is A Revocable Trust.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

There would be no taxes due on the trust disbursement unless it is over $5,490,000 here.And the ex has no claim to anything that is in the trust as she has not taken ownership and it is inherited so separate property.As long as she were to keep it in her sole name and sole social security he would never have any claim to these funds from the trust.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Happy New Year thanks for your patience.

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney