Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Originally had all my assets put in beneficiary forms.

Customer Question
Originally had all my...

Originally had all my assets put in beneficiary forms. Unfortunate

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Changed my beneficiary to trust. My daughter married a man who talked her into giving up her assets and listing her name with his on tax issues and other dealings. She cannot account for money he has put in and taken out. The last straw came about when he told her "when your mother and father die, we will put their money into the pot". When I heard this, I immediately took out a trust and now she is divorcing him. I.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Want to change trust back to beneficiary. Is that wise?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm 85 hrs old and don't understand too much about trusts and beneficiary, but it I'm not mistaken, there are no tax consequences with a beneficiary appointment. Is that so?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/30/2017
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Is this a revocable living trust in which you placed your assets? And, could you tell me in what state you are located?

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you! Richard