Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My parents gave each of us property. However there is a

Customer Question
Hello, my parents gave...

Hello, my parents gave each of us property. However there is a cemetery on part of the land where the parents are buried, along with other family members. Now, the sister who bought the piece of property where the road to the cemetery is located is trying to sell two parcels of property (one that was given to her by our mother and another piece that belonged to a brother that died. The children of the deceased brother sold his property to

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. We just learned they were selling the property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a clause in our deeds that says we have to offer our property to a sibling first. Before we offer it for sale too outsiders.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

So here you need to send demand letter with reference to the deed and your offer to buy the property.As you state the deed requires you have first option.Set out your offer and tell them you will sing a sales contract on these terms.State your intent to sue if necessary to enforce the terms.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney