Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My situation should not be very complicated. I recently was…

Customer Question
My situation should not...

My situation should not be very complicated. I recently was widowed, then re-married. I have a will which will need to be changed, protect my children, and provide for my new wife.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The death certificate of my former wife, and the will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know what the normal cost for work

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/29/2017
Estate Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There is no reason that you cannot create a will on your own which protects your children and new wife as you wish. You could find a lawyer, which might cost you upwards of $1000. However, there are websites online that allow you to create a will tailored to your specific situation for a fraction of the cost. As long as you do not want to do something complicated, such as creating a trust for your children, then you should be able to do this without having to hire an attorney.

Go no further with anything at this time. Thanks for your answer

You are welcome. Please remember to provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today!

Your charge shocked me a little, but I did ask didn't I . Probably good advice though.

You might want to call around in your area for a will and estate lawyer if you want to get some price points; however, like I said, there is no reason that you can't do it yourself. Please provide a positive rating at the top of your screen!

If you are advising me to call around to find an attorney who can provide what I need, I don't need to pay somebody 50.00 for that advice. Think about it.
don't text me I don't do texts. Anyway, As far as I am concerned we are through talking. I guess I had sucker stamped on my forehead

I don't control what the company does, but I still want to try to make sure you are satisfied. Would you like me to get you a template will that you can insert your name and your relatives name into? I have access to a legal database that provides forms that can be used.

Don't do anything further. I don't want to build up charges having you work on this. I will find another attorney.

I don't build up charges, this would be simply for what you paid for this service (it's a flat fee). But I won't do anything more if you don't want me to.