Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

What does life estate ETAL AND HOW CAN I GET THIS REMOVE…

Customer Question
What does life estate...

What does life estate ETAL AND HOW CAN I GET THIS REMOVE FROM MY PROPERTY?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes the property was deeded to me and all of a sudden my tax papers read life est ETAl

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What do I need to do to get this taken off my tax bill?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/29/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Who is holding a life estate? Are you the remainderman?