Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband lost his mom 12/20/17 she was a victom of both…

Customer Question
My husband lost his...

My husband lost his mom 12/20/17 she was a victom of both hurricanes Puerto Rico , she was brought here by my sister in law whom took care of her money , ss and whatever else , my husband is one of four sibling , she died in my home under Hospice care , I was the caregiver they opt to cremate the mom , now no one is returning phone calls , or picking up the phone , I believe they are trying to leave my husband out of his portion of heir , the house is in Puerto Rico , what can I do to help him ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm sorry we live in Charleston S.C.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not from us

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I use a lawyer from here ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I am so sorry for your loss.He needs a Puerto Rico probate lawyer to ensure he gets his fair share of the estate.

Here are such lawyers by city.

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/probatelaw/puerto-rico/all-cities

The lawyer can check to see if probate has been filed and secure assets so that a fair distribution to all including your husband can be had.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.